A Prayer for Preemies

A Prayer for Preemies

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Olivia still needs your prayers!

Please continue to pray for Olivia Jane! Her head is still swelling, but she did not get sick today! After she ate, Olivia kept it down. The nurses are feeding her slower per feeding and that has seemed to help too. Instead just breast milk, the nurses have put Olivia on "preemie" formula to help her gain weight. If she can gain some weight, hopefully she can have the shunt put in sooner rather than later! The faster they can put the shunt in, the quicker she will be on the road to recovery.

However, prayer is so important! Melissa talked to a NICU nurse and she told Melissa that there have been instances where the preemie will be in Olivia's position, get ready to go into surgery and then the fluid is gone and the preemie's ventricles in the back of the brain are fine! That is called a miracle and God can do that, so please pray! Olivia needs every prayer imaginable! I know that it can be done, I have faith that it can be done! PLEASE PRAY! God, please heal Olivia's brain and remove the fluid!

Melissa also got to do "kangaroo care" again today, which she LOVED! She got some really good pictures of that, so I will get them up as soon as I can. Please tell everyone about this beautiful little gift from God! Please tell them to pray. I ran into a friend of mine from high school today at the mall with my sister, and I couldn't help but tell her immediately about Olivia and asked for prayer and gave her this website! Thank Emilea for your prayers! ;) The more prayers we have the better Olivia's chances are at a miraculous recovery!

I love you Olivia Jane! Stay strong sweet angel!

~Aunt Jessie

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie and Missy,

    I just want you to know that I have my whole facebook community praying for your sweet little angel. I am waiting in anticipation daily for your news about her progress and can't wait until the day when you report that she is going home!!! Until then...we pray.

    We all Love you soooo much!

    Love,
    Your Cousin Tracy, David, Christian, Madeline, and Rees

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa and Jessica...I am praying for sweet Olivia...she is on my class prayer list at church and she is in my thoughts and prayers daily. Keep your heads up. GOD answers prayers and he hears us. Let me know if we can do anything for you.

    Charley Guthrie Armstrong

    ReplyDelete