A Prayer for Preemies

A Prayer for Preemies

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Kangaroo Care Makes Me Happy!!!

So today i woke up and was very down. I felt very depressed and could not get out of that mood. I missed Olivia so badly this morning. It is getting so hard to keep going on with this. I think just the fact that it has been almost 2 months and i still dont have my baby is really getting to me. I want Olivia to be home with me so bad i cant stand it. I recorded a book called "All the Ways I Love You" today and took it up to the NICU. So now the nurses can open the book up and i can read her a book even when I'm not there. I told the nurse  today how i was just missing her really bad today and she asked me if i wanted to do kangaroo care and of course i said YES!! i was so excited. It always makes me feel better when i get to do that . It is such a wonderful feeling. I cant wait until the day comes that i can hold her all day every day and believe me i am going to. She lost an ounce yesterday so today she was 3 lb and 3 ounces. I really wish she could hurry and gain some weight. I need her to gain weight for so many reasons.... she will start holding her temp on her own better, she will be hopefully eating her bottle by then, she will be getting this last surgery she will need before she can come home, and she will just be so darn cute with her little chubby cheeks. The doctor said her protein levels in her blood are still too high for her to get the permanent shunt because it would just end up clogging the tube if we tried now so we just have to wait. Everyone please, please. please continue to pray for Olivia to get stronger with each passing day and to come home soon. I love my daughter so much and all i want in this whole world is for her to come home safe and healthy.

I love you Olivia
~ Mommy

1 comment:

  1. We are all still praying for Olivia!! We are right beside you all thru this. I cannot immagine what you & Mason are going thru. Please call me as I said if you need anything. We are praying that Olivia gets stronger & gains the weight that is needed. I wish you a happy belated Birthday Missy - So sorry that I forgot what day your birthday was - I know Mom told me that you all were going out for lunch. I read the post later & was so happy to see that you had a good time - even if you had a few tears. Love to you & your family. Keep strong & know so many people are praying for Olivia & your family. I am hear for you anytime - just call - I do not want to call you & bother you if you are resting. Sending many hugs xo

    ReplyDelete