A Prayer for Preemies

A Prayer for Preemies

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Liv's First Bottle

I got to give Olivia her first bottle today! I was so excited. The nurse told me that we were just going to try the bottle and see how she did, but not to get dissappointed if she didn't take it because we just have to try. Well Olivia showed us because that little girl drank that whole bottle!! I was so proud of her. She did so good. The nurse was even shocked because she drank the whole bottle in 20 minutes. GO LIV!!! So now i get to give her a bottle once a day and we will gradually move her up to more bottles a day and finally get rid of the feeding tube. I am so excited.

On another note Amy George with the Melissa George NICU Foundation came by yesterday and asked if it would be ok if Olivia was in the commercial for the NICU Havoc game. Every year they hold a Havoc hockey game where the players where special pink and blue jerseys to be auctioned off to raise money for the NICU. The money have been used to purchase the Giraffe Omni beds. These beds are incredible and have saved many lives including my babygirl Olivia. The beds are not cheap by any means so the money is very much needed. I hope everyone that is reading this comes to the game. It will be held January 8, 2011 at the VBC. So come help support our Huntsville Havoc and support our babies at the NICU.

Please continue to pray for Olivia! I know everyone has been so amazing through all of this and i want to thank each and every one of you. It means so much to me. Olivia has came a long way and i know that God has heard all of our prayers so please don't stop whatever you do. Pleasse pray that Liv will not have to go through with the permanent shunt surgery. That would be absolutely amazing. I have prayed hard about that so please pray with me. I should know more about that later so i will keep everyone posted. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for praying for my babygirl.

I love you Liv
~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment