A Prayer for Preemies

A Prayer for Preemies

Friday, December 10, 2010

Mommy loves you Olivia Jane!!

Olivia has not had any more seizures. Thank you GOD!!! That seizure scared me so badly. The nurse was changing her diaper when she noticed that Olivia's eyes started going back and forth and then her head started to shake back and forth. She called the charge nurse and they rushed her back into the NICU from progressive. The doctor came in and performed a spinal tap and they got blood from her to send it off to test for infections. They were not sure at that point what was causing her seizures. I was able to hold her after her seizure it broke my heart because i was not able to stop all of this and more than anything in the world I just want all of this to stop and her come home where she is supposed to be. Dr. Davison and Dr. Pickett looked over Liv's CT scan and said the were concerned about the periventricular area of her brain because in his exact words "that area did not look pretty". That area of the brain can be responsible for seizures so more than likely that is why she had one and we should not be surprised if she has more to come. I pray to God that she doesn't but if she does they will start her on a daily seizure medicene. I was also told to be prepared for the possibility of Liv having Cerebral Palsey. I hate even thinking about that but no matter what Olivia will have the best life ever and i will make so sure of that. Olivia is such a beautiful little girl. I love her more than anything in this world. I am just blessed that God has granted me two of the most beautiful daughters in the world. Her cultures from the spinal fluid and blood have still not came back they will not be in until about saturday. On a good note though Liv has gained 60 grams and is now at 3lb 4 oz. YAY LIV!!! I'm so proud of you sweetie. Thank you to everyone for praying for her and please please keep praying for her to get stronger and to get healthy. I also want to send out a special thank you to all the people that have donated for the Wubbanubs. These babies will get to snuggle with their little Wubbanub this Christmas and its all because of people like you that have been so generous.

I love you Olivia Jane. Please keep staying strong and know that mommy is by your side everyday and I can't explain how much you mean to me and how much I love you and oh my goodness i cant wait for you to get home. Olivia, you have made me such a stronger person and so much more humble. You have taught me that life is too short to ever be angry with someone. No one is ever promised tommorrow and you have taught me that I am not in control of anything so just live life everyday and dont think twice about it. God has already planned out all of our days. God gave me you early because he knew I could handle all of this. I have to admit it is very hard but I would never ever give up not even for a minute. I love you so much Olivia Jane.

~ Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment