A Prayer for Preemies

A Prayer for Preemies

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Another surgery!

Well, the doctors have told Melissa that lil Olivia Jane will have surgery early in the wee hours tomorrow for a temporary shunt. It sounds awful but I am looking at it as an answered prayer. We prayed for Olivia to be ok, and this will allow that in a way. It is not the permanent one because she is still too small. They estimated weight that she would be is around 4 pounds for the permanent one, and she is only around 2 pounds 12 ounces. The temporary pump will be a bag that will collect the fluid from her brain, and I am assuming that they can empty it? They will put her to sleep for the procedure, but unfortunately she will not be able to eat for at least 2-3 days after. We all know that she can't afford to lose any weight! Other than that, I am not sure on the details, but I will know more later.

I just wanted to get this out so that you guys can start praying that everything goes great and God answers our prayers once again! Thank you to our cousin Tracy for your comments! A big thank you to Charlie too! To everyone else that sends this website around, thank you too! That is the only way to get it out there about Olivia - is through church, Facebook, and just by mouth! If someone stops me in the store or says hi, I say hi back but ask for a prayer for my niece! I know it sounds silly, but she is my niece...my angel! I love my nieces like I love my children! My heart breaks to see her in the NICU this long, but I know that she is in the best place right now and that is what keeps all of us going!

Thank you again to everyone for your prayers! They are going to get Olivia Jane home; I just know this! PLEASE keep praying! I love you Olivia Jane!

~Aunt Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment