A Prayer for Preemies

A Prayer for Preemies

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Prayers Needed!!!

Dr. Pickett came in today to tap Olivia's head to drain some more fluid and as soon as he tapped it more filled in. He was able to get 25 cc's off but it is still full. So Olivia will be having her surgery to get her VP shunt tmrw. He told me that he would take the temporary shunt out and replace it with a permanent shunt that has a tube attached to it. The tube will be placed down the side of her neck and another incision will be made on her chest to guide the tube into her abdominal cavity, where the fluid will flow and be reabsorbed by the body. She will go back into intensive while she recovers through all of this and I pray that she recovers fast. Please pray for her that she does well with this surgery and that there are no complications with the surgery and she recovers quickly. I'm hoping that after she recovers she will start eating even better and gain more weight and i really hope this helps her get off the oxygen. She has been up and down with her oxygen the past couple days but i believe it is because of the fluid on her brain. So hopefully the shunt will fix all of that. Please pray extra hard the next few days for my angel. I love her so much and i want her home so bad i can't explain it. I know she is so strong and i know God has been by her side every step of the way. I prayed to God today as i held Liv to please take care of her and keep her strong and let her come home to me soon. Thank you so much for all your prayers. I am so blessed to have everyone care for her so much.

Olivia,

I love you so much babygirl. I am so proud of you and you have come so far. You are so strong and i know you will be ok. I never realized how much strength i had in me but you have definitely made that show through this. I have to be strong for you and i will always be that for you. You are so beautiful.You and your sissy are my whole world and i dont know what i would do without the two of you. Thank you so much for letting me be your momma. I feel that i am the luckiest woman in the world to have the honor of having two beautiful, amazing little girls. I love you more than anything in the whole world Olivia Jane.

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment