A Prayer for Preemies

A Prayer for Preemies

Monday, December 6, 2010

Olivia is PRECIOUS!

I just want to say THANK YOU to my wonderful sissy for inviting me back to see my beautiful niece! I got to go back and see Olivia in the NICU and she once again, melted my heart. Her little button nose is my absolute favorite. She has the most beautiful little eyes, and the sweetest lil' feet. I thank you God for my niece and I pray to you, that she gets stronger with each passing day. Her little hands were curled up under her chest as if she were cocooned up. She had a ventilator put in for surgery and because of the pain meds, she needed the ventilator too. While on pain meds, she would stop breathing on her own. But since Sunday, they have stopped the meds unless they were desperately needed. She was breathing over the ventilator on her own, so Monday morning about 3am, the ventilator was removed! YAY! Thank you God!

On another note, my sister bought Olivia a "Wubbanub", which is pacifier attached to a little stuffed animal. This stimulates hand and eye coordination for preemies, but also helps them keep their pacifiers in their mouths. The NICU loves them as well, but does not have the money to furnish them for every baby. Also, the parents of the preemies can't always afford them, so that is where my request comes in. They are about $10.00 a piece. My sister wants to try and raise enough money to buy each of the NICU babies a Wabbunub for Christmas. You can google them to get for information, but please consider it. The NICU has done so much for my precious niece and this feels like the least that we can try and do. If you are interested in helping give these preemies a lil' Christmas gift, email Melissa at mfoster128@gmail.com. Thank you so much for your prayers for Olivia Jane! Please continue to pray for her and that she continues to gain weight, and hopefully come home soon! I love you so much Olivia Jane!

~Aunt Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment