A Prayer for Preemies

A Prayer for Preemies

Monday, November 29, 2010

Olivia Jane needs your PRAYERS!!

Unfortunately the ultrasound showed that Olivia Jane's ventricles (in the back of brain) are really swollen and she does have Hydrocephalus also known as "water on the brain". Normally the doctors would put a shunt in but her brain is too little right now, so they said that they can't do that at this time. That is so scary because the fluid is just going to continue to build up until the shunt is put in. Also, once the shunt is in place, it is there for life. It is causing Olivia a lot of nausea and vomiting, which we do not need for her! This is such a scary time for Olivia, Melissa, and Mason so please pray that Olivia will pull through this ok. Please pray for Melissa to have strength; she is obviously and understandably devastated! No matter how strong someone is, there are no words that can describe the agony that Melissa and Mason are going through!

Olivia Jane is my precious niece, and it brings me to my knees in prayer and tears just knowing what is happening to her right now. I love her so much! Savannah does not understand, and I just pray that she will not have to understand anything but that her sister is healthy and going to come home soon! I question myself, is there something in my life that I am doing wrong that I change to help Olivia? Am I being punished for something? I just don't understand why this is happening; Olivia does not deserve to go through this. I just want her to be a bouncing baby girl and I want to hear her call out "Aunt Jessie" one day soon! Savannah just melts my heart when she says that, and she knows it too!

God, please help Olivia-heal Olivia! I know that you are our maker and that you do things for reasons that we will never know. I just pray that it is in your "will" for Olivia's brain to heal and that the fluid goes away. Only you know our exact days that we have here on earth, God I pray that Olivia has a long healthy life with us-her family! Please wrap your arms around Olivia and keep her strong! She is a fighter! PLEASE PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY!! I love you Olivia Jane!

~Aunt Jessie

4 comments:

  1. Sending prayers up for sweet Olivia & family! I love you guys!!
    Heather Hines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying Jess. This just hurts my heart! She was doing so well. I will send out a prayer chain for her. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were praying to Jess... I think about her everyday n pray God heals her n lets her go home with Melissa very soon. Ill keep praying for all of yal. I love you n always here for yall

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, I want you to know I'm sending you and your family my thoughts and prayers. Please let's your sister know I'm thinking of her. I love you girl! I know all to well what its like to watch Gods little miracle struggle for life everyday as I watched Mallory. Only God knows the reason. Just don't question or doubt yourself. I know that's a lot easier said than done because I did it and I still do it with all my health problems. I ask God, why can everyone at my age be healthy and still have kids. But then when Little Baby Jane was born I heard an answer I wasn't expecting to ever get and that was, you can tell others about your story and maybe help others. Jess, we serve a wonderful, powerful, understanding, and all knowing God. We might not know the answers but he does. Girl, I've always thought the world of you. Its bringing me to tears thinking of you going thru this. If you ever need to talk email me and I will send my email address and then send my phone #. The email is leigh830307@gmail.com. KEEP THE FAITH GIRL. I'm praying.

    And Jesus said unto them, If ye have faith as a grain of a mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall be remove: and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Matthew 17:20

    ReplyDelete