A Prayer for Preemies

A Prayer for Preemies

Monday, November 8, 2010

God is Good!

After many prayers, Olivia is back on the feeding tube! Thank you guys so much for your continued prayers; please continue to keep Olivia Jane in your prayers everyday! She was fed this afternoon, and as of 3:00 she has completely digested all of her milk!! YAY!! She has been fed again and we will know about that feeding later tonight.

The doctors and nurses are taking her chest tube (this is from the heart surgery) out slowly this time. They have clamped it off and are taking it out a little bit by little. It should be completely out by Wednesday, hopefully. Also, Melissa got to change Olivia's diaper all by herself today, without help of a nurse, so she is so excited about that.  

An emotionally charged moment today was when Melissa was standing by Olivia's bed, talking to her. She looked up and there stood the most thoughtful and caring pastor that I have ever known! It was Brother Bobby of Hazel Green Baptist Church, where I am proud to say that I am a member. Brother Bobby and Melissa prayed over Olivia's bed and Melissa had a good cry! Brother Bobby, if you are reading this, thank you so much for all that you do. Even though it seems to be your "job" to make visits to the sick; you have no idea how much my sister needed that visit from you, at that moment! God knew too, and that is why you showed up when you did! Thank you so much for your prayers! 

Everyone, thank you for your prayers, and don't give up on them! Like I said before, God hears the smallest and the longest of prayers. You can be in your car, walking down the road, getting ready for work or bed, anything and anytime...it just takes a second to send a prayer up for Olivia Jane! I love you Olivia Jane so much, and I can't wait to hold you!

~Aunt Jessie

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome Jess...Last night I was saying prayers and I fell asleep before I finished and I woke up about 15 minutes later realizing I didn't finish and picked up again...praying for Olivia, fell asleep again...woke back up started praying again...I did that about 4 times and I still fell asleep and never "finished" my prayers-but i do that most every night, but what better way to fall asleep than to fall asleep talking to God!!! I am praying for that little girl and will continue to pray. She is a fighter and I know that God hears us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great!!! I pray she continues to improve every day and keep praying for her!!

    ReplyDelete