A Prayer for Preemies

A Prayer for Preemies

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Please continue to pray!

Olivia Jane went to the doctor on Thursday and she weighs 6 lbs and 5 ounces! Go Liv! It was a weight check only, and even Dr. Kinnebrew was shocked that she had gained 25 grams in 14 days. Awesome! Please keep Liv in your prayers; her hearing appt is February 2, and that will be the final say on whether or not she is most definitely just hard of hearing or is deaf. Most importantly, that it can be corrected with a cochlear implant! I tried to help my sister by cheering her up. I told her that if Olivia Jane can get the cochlear implant, it is really a blessing in disguise. I mean, I can't tell you how many times growing up, I would have loved to have been able to tune my sister out when she was annoying me. (No Sissy, that only happened once or twice ;~) With the cochlear implant, from my understanding you can take the hearing aid part off and then you will not hear anything at all. So, when Savannah is getting on Liv's nerves in about 4 or 5 years, she can literally tune her out! How many people can say that they can do that!

Ok, so I am trying to make a bad thing good, but we do what we can, right? My sister has been such a wonderful, caring, and loving momma through this whole nightmare. In good times and bad, she has done the best she can...never missing a day at the NICU to tell Olivia that she loves her. Liv is home; my sister is so thankful to be there and for her little one. Savannah, you are an amazing big sissy and Liv probably won't want to ignore you too many times growing up. ha-ha I love you and Liv SO much! To everyone else, thank you so very much for your prayers and thoughts all throughout the day. I will get pictures of Liv up very soon in her new room and crib! Melissa let her stretch out yesterday in her crib for the first time...SOOO CUTE! She is so tiny compared to the big, giant crib.

If you know my sister, she got pictures! Olivia Jane, you stay strong and keep growing lil' one! Hopefully soon, Liv will not need oxygen, but as of now she is still on the oxygen and monitor.

KEEP PRAYING~
Aunt Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment