A Prayer for Preemies

A Prayer for Preemies

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Olivia is coming home!!!!!!!!! :)

Oh My GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe the day has finally came to take my babygirl home. After 75 days in the NICU Olivia Jane will be coming home officially on Saturday, January 8, 2011. I am still shocked and excited and happy and i cannot get the smile off of my face. The doctor decided to just go ahead and send Olivia home on oxygen. She is doing so well with everything else so she will just come home on oxygen and that is that. It is so exciting! I am so ready and could not be more happy. I have been through so much with Olivia these past 2 and a half months that her coming home on oxygen is nothing. Its just crazy to think that she will really be home this weekend. I dont think it has really and truely hit me yet. I dont think i will sleep for the first couple weeks i am going to just rock her all night. Her big sissy is so excited too she has not stopped talking about how she is going to change her diaper and feed her and give her a bath. It's so cute.

I just really want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for always praying for Olivia. I am and will continue to pray each and everyday for her and i hope you will too. I could not have gotten through all of this without God and thanks to all of you God heard all of your prayers and because of that she is coming home where she belongs. I know it may seem weird but I am going to miss the NICU and all of the nurses. They have become part of my family and i love each and every one of them and have such high respect for them. It takes a special person to do what they do and i thank God everyday for them.

Thank you again to everyone for all your thoughts and prayers. It truely means so much to me I can't even put it into words.

~Olivia's Mommy

2 comments:

  1. That is GREAT NEWS!!! I am so excited for you all! May God continue to help her improve and give thanks for getting her to a point where you can take her home!!! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you Sat. as you FINALLY get her home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God...this is the best news ever!!!
    I will continue to pray for sweet Olivia as she heals and that she will be off her oxygen soon. Yay for Savannah, I know she is ready for her lil' sissy to be home!! I am so happy for your family.God is so good!
    Huggs & Loves, Heather Hines

    ReplyDelete